Thursday 27 January 2011

Soy isoflavones

I have decided I am going to take Soy Isoflavones this cycle. I am going to put my hopes into this working. It is apparently supposed to be a natures version of Clomid. Like most things it has its success stories and then for some other people it didn't work at all. I am taking (As directed by the Holland & Barret website) 3 750mg capsules a day. I am taking them for 5 days so from CD5-10. 
My hope is that they help me ovulate like a normal person and in turn I end up pregnant. It feels like a long shot but after nearly 2 years anything is worth giving a shot... right?
This is the 2nd time I have taken them. The 1st time I took 1 tablet a day for 5 cycles and that didn't work so I have decided to 'up' the dosage. The first time I took them I didnt ovulate at all and ended up having one of my longest cycles ever. Even if I don't get pregnant but I have a 'normal' cycle I will take it again next month (Unless I do get 'proper' Clomid from the Dr.
As it didn't work first time I am kind not holding out much hope but I guess we will see.
 I took my first set of pills yesterday and I am not feeling any side effects. I don't know if thats a good or bad thing.
I would be interested in hearing if any of my blog readers have tried soy isoflavones in the past and your experience with it. Please feel free to leave me a comment :o) 
.

4 comments:

  1. I have not. But just liked the idea of "soy isoflavones in the pasta"

    Hehe

    love you hun! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, just started reading your blog, I am also TTC#2 with PCOS, My 4 month old daughter took over 2 years to conceive so we have decided to start straight away. Have you tried Agnus Castus (or vitex?) its a herbal supplement like Soy and you take it exactly the same way, I went from having 100+ day cycles down to about 30 and ovulated too. Just thought Id share :) Looking forward to reading more and hope you get your BFP soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenn, Thanks for readong my blog!
    Your daughter is such a doll <3
    I have tried cactus - just like soy I have had no luck with it.
    Good Luck with your TTC journey... I hope its a lot shorter this time around :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Like the way for posting a blog and Soy isoflavones have been shown to have many health benefits such as protection against diseases like Osteoporosis and relief of Menopausal symptoms. isoflavones


    ReplyDelete