Saturday 1 January 2011

How we got to this point.

I was 18 years old and had been going out with Gary for five months. I was on birth control and had been since I was 16. We thought we was practitcing safe sex. We had never ever even discussed kids. We was enjoying our selves. We had gotten Engaged on New Years Eve. I moved in late January. Febuary 9th my life changed forever. I had been getting stomach cramps and sore boobs for about a week or so. I ended up going to the drs. She asked me if there was any chance I could be pregnant. I told her no as I was on the pill. She did a pregnancy test and it came back negitive, but she said I had a water infection. For some reason Gary was not convinced. Something didnt set right with him and he wanted to do another test incase the dr was wrong. I was more then happy to say 'told you the dr was right!'
Later that night I took two diffrent brand tests at the same time, While they was doing what it needed to do we sat in the bedroom. Even though it was negitive at the drs I was scared. I made Gary go and look. He told me they was positive. I thought he was lying. I looked for my self. The words 'pregnant' and two pink lines. No deyning two tests. I was pregnant at 18 with a guy I had only been with for five months. Not ideal. I ran back into the bedroom crying saying I had ruined my life. After a few days I had gotten my head around this and I was happy. We was expecting our 1st child.
Mia Jane was born via emergency c-section on the 27th October 2007 at 03.18am, 9 days past her due date weighing 8lb8oz, 52cm long. She was Gary's double. As far as we was concerned our family was done. After the experience we had with Mia's birth neither of us wanted anymore.
Fast forward to Mia's 1st birthday and I got this feeling I had never had before. I wanted another baby. I wanted to extend our family. I wanted to give Mia a brother or sister. A sibling she could love and play with. After a lot of talking we decided to wait and I would come off the BC after our wedding.
The day after my hen party I threw my BC away. We started TTC in May 2009. We got married and was full of optermisum that because I fell preg on the BC 1st time around I would fall easily this time around. How wrong I was. We waited for either a BFP or for my period to start. Nothing. She eventually came the following month. Then nothing till November. I went to the dr. She refered me for a scan on my ovarys.
The scan showed I had cysts on my ovarys. My Dr was 99% sure I had PCOS although she couldnt give me an offical diagnosis and sent me to go see a OBGYN.
After months of tests March 2010 I was diagnosed with PCOS. Gary was also tested. His sperm was not fantastic. Infact they was pretty poor. We was told by all logic Mia should not exsist. She was a mirical baby.
A HSG xray in August showed that my left tube is pretty badly blocked. My heart broke some more. When we set out on this journey I never thought it would be so heartbreaking. Now almost a year later we were still not pregnant.
I srtarted loosing weight so we can proceed onto medical assitance. I am trying to loose weight so we can start clomid. I am currently 35lb down from when I started. I am making progress so we can srtart on the fertlity drug clomid.
2011 is the year I get pregnant. Just you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment