Wednesday 2 February 2011

We had a great appointment.

Wow... what an appointment.
They was running about an hour behind! Good Old NHS!
 I saw loads of pregnant bellies and felt so envious! I cant wait till thats me! I will wear my bump with pride one day soon! I seriously hate the fact that you have to go to the same place were they do the U/S to see the fertility Dr. Really irks me. Hospital was clearly designed by a man. No consideration to couples suffering from infertility issues.
Anyway!! Onto my appointment....
I got weighed by the nurse... Same as this AM. I am 16st13lb (33lb LESS then my starting weight a year ago). I then had to go and wait outside while the nurse gave my new stats to my Dr. Went in and the Dr asked if I was ok... I said yeah and apologized that I didn't loose much weight this time due to the death we had before x-mas, then x-mas and I put on a lot but since then I have lost 9lb. Dr replied everyone gained over x-mas so don't worry... As long as I am loosing again now its okay.
I also told her about the pain I have been getting...Told her how painfull it was that ibuprofen didn't cut it and ended up going to the doctors she jotted it down in my file and told me to keep an eye on it. 
Then onto the good news... I am taking Clomid. Oh yes! Its taken a year but we have finally progressed from just loosing weight! we are now officially TTC with Medical Assistance! I have been given a 3 month supply of 50mg.to start with.
I have to start taking them on the 2nd dayt of my cycle for 5 days. On the 2nd and 3rd cycle I have to have blood work on CD21. 
I asked what happens if AF don't start on its own what do I do then?, Dr replied if its not here by the end of Feb start of March to call the office and they will see me to sort something out. So fingers crossed AF starts on CD49 like before!!
I was also told that there was risks of multiples with this being a fertility drug.. I replied that thats fine I don't mind! Gary looked like :mellow: hah!
I asked what should I do if I get pregnant, I have to ring them up and chances are they will want to see me and check me out and have a chat.
If the clomid dont work I have an appointment for the 6th June. Fingers tightly crossed I WILL NOT NEED THAT APPOINTMENT!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Emma I'm so happy your appt went well! I hope that the clomid brings little Mia a baby brother or sister!! You deserve another sweet little one (or 2!) :)

    ReplyDelete